What’s in my Backpack for College as a Type 1 Diabetic
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Which means I make commission if you make a purchase. For my full disclosure, click here.
All of my fellow diabetics out there know the struggle is too real.
As if every day life wasn’t stressful enough carrying all my diabetic supplies, now I have to go to school?! With textbooks, binders, and a laptop?! I’m going to need a suitcase please.
Y’all, my book bag is so heavy. I do not know how people hike with backpacks.
This post isn’t just for Type 1 Diabetics, it’s for everyone, even if you don’t have an illness.
To make life easier for you, I am showing you guys and gals what you need in your bag for college, how to organize it, and what I carry as a diabetic.
Don’t forget to check out my post about college tips for freshmen! (after you read this one :))
Invest in a good backpack. Diabetics, you need a big, sturdy one, like luggage material. You need one that will last and hold your books and everything else. Freshman year I switched between three bags after my bookbag fell apart, then I gave up and just carried everything. I purchased this pink trans Jansport one at Target.
- I carry my phone charger in the front pocket for easy access.
- Snacks. Some of your days are long and you might not have time to eat a meal, always carry snacks. As a diabetic, it is extremely important to have snacks.
- Gum. I can’t live without it. Perfect for after you’ve ate those snacks. 🙂
- Headphones. I don’t go anywhere without these!
- Makeup bag. When the days are long and you keep touching your face or you lay your head down, you’re going to need to touch up.
- Bag with deodorant, perfume, tissues, hand sanitizer. Some rooms are hotter than others and all that walking around will make you sweat. Classes don’t have tissues so you’ll need to bring your own. Germs are everywhere, you don’t want to get sicks, so wash your hands and use hand sanitizer when you can’t. Any travel size products you think you’ll need go in here. Stay fresh, keep some minnies in your bag.
Shop my wallet!
- Planner. My planner saves me in college. I actually have two planners! I write everything down in them so I don’t forget a thing.I have one for everyday use and then this one is for school only. Invest in a good one and use it!
- Pencil bag. I fit my pens, pencils, highlighters, calculator, and post-it notes in my pencil bag. I also have a stapler and whiteout, I highly recommend getting both of these. You can’t go through college without.
- Journal. I use this to write down any thoughts or ideas I have or to doodle.
- Bag with my diabetic supplies. I chose a see-through one so it’s easy to find in a case of emergency. I only keep the bare necessities to haul around.
- Notebooks and binders. You need to take notes and keep your class information organized. A notebook or binder for each class will do.
- My laptop is located in the laptop slot along with my charger. You will NEED this. Everything is online now, so a dependable laptop is worth investing in.
- Text Books.
Along the side is a place for a water bottle. Staying hydrated is so important!
I leave an umbrella in my car. The weather is tricky. Don’t get caught in the rain without an umbrella!
I also have a hoodie in my car. Some classes are like an ice box. I am cold all the time, so keeping a hoodie with me is natural.
That is everything in my backpack! I hope this helps you stay organized and know what to buy!
Good luck this school year!
Have a recommendation? Anything you want advice about?? Leave it in the comments below!
Need some inspiration for the school year?! I got you covered. Make a vision board! Put all your goals in life and motivational quotes on it and you’ll always feel motivated! See how!
Share an image!
I hope this helps!
Got any ideas for blog posts?? Leave them in the comments below!
Any questions or concerns? E-mail me here.
Don’t forget to share with your friends!!